Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Starting Pay: $19/hour Based on Level of Experience
Work Schedule: Swing Shift
Amount of Travel Required: None
Why work for Green Bay Converting, Inc.?
We are a successful & growing company focused on safety while expecting team work and maintaining family-oriented atmosphere!
Invested $7 figures into our building during past five years
Climate controlled building
Upward mobility and potential for growth
Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Medical & Dental plans
- Healthcare & Dependent-care Flex-Spending Account programs
- Company-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Company-sponsored Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k with a company match (after 1-year of service)
- Gain-sharing program paid out quarterly based on staffing efficiency
We have a diverse workforce, and our people are our most valuable asset
Safe and clean facilities
The primary purpose of this position is to safely troubleshoot, repair and maintain all electrical and mechanical equipment in a
paper converting manufacturing facility to ensure production continuity and efficiency.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, displays a positive attitude, is self-managing and works well in a team environment. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Consistently understands and applies our company Vision, Values, and Three Obligations.
- Safely trouble shoot, repair, and maintain GBC paper converting and auxiliary equipment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work unsupervised, be self-motivated and work as a team player
- Communicates with the maintenance manager on an ongoing basis.
- Professionally respond and assist co-workers, operators, quality, and/or supervisor requests on equipment variances and specifications.
- Displays the attitude, will and energy for continuous growth and development of self and others
- Demonstrate the knowledge of electrical and electronic components, PLC controls, ACIDC drives and motors, servo drives and motors, and sensors.
- Comfortable in a manufacturing and industrial environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate components in electrical/mechanical manuals or schematics and submit into an order form or an email.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and document accordingly.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hydraulics and Pneumatics systems
- Demonstrate the ability to read, understand and interpret electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic schematics.
- Perform LOTO and Arc Flash safety.
- Understand the importance of and utilizes Hot Work permits, processes and procedures
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in operating a welder, torch, plasma cutter, mill, lathe, drill press, common power tools and hand tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to use micrometers, indicators, Multimeters, and Megohmmeters.
- Safely performs grade changes; log saw blade changes, slitter changes, perf blade changes on equipment when needed.
- Safely use scissors lifts, high lifts, hoist, lift trucks, lifting straps, chain falls, etc.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of and perform general Building and Grounds task with understanding of PIVs, Risers and general alarm system
- Willingness to be active in First Aid, CPR, First Responder and Safety Committees as required
- Understands and applies equipment priorities in decision making · Provides coverage for Shift Production Lead as required and understands basic scheduling requirements.
- Maintains a clean work area and participates in daily cleaning activities
- Keeps tools clean, neat and orderly.
- Provide assistance to operators, crewmembers or other team members with machine start-up, shutdown or clean up.
- Provide assistance with cleaning out trim systems, baler jams, etc.
- Displays professionalism when dealing with 3rd party vendors and contractors
- Demonstrate consistent value for our parts system by signing out parts and submits recommendations.
- Carry work cell phone during scheduled hours.
- Performs any other related duties or assigned task.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform accurate and thorough work with appropriate follow-ups either verbally or in an email.
- Demonstrates the value of quality as it relates to our product and customers
- Demonstrates a linear though process when dealing with variances.
- Demonstrates attention to detail in relation to communication, repairs and knowing when to vary from standard.
- Relationship Building – Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly. · Applied Learning – Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school) preferred
Experience: At least 2 years of experience in related area, preferred
Computer Skills: Excellent data entry and computer skills are required. Proficient in Word and Excel and Computer Maintenance Systems.
Manually Manipulate: Frequently
Reach Outward: Frequently
Reach Above Shoulder: Occasionally
Climb : Occasionally
Crawl : Occasionally
Squat or Kneel : Occasionally
Bend : Occasionally
10 lbs or less: Frequently
11-20 lbs: Occasionally
21-50 lbs: Occasionally
51-100 lbs: Not applicable to this occupation
Over 100 lbs: Not applicable to this occupation
12 lbs or less: Occasionally
13-25 lbs: Occasionally
26-40 lbs: Not applicable to this occupation
41-100 lbs: Not applicable to this occupation
The work environment is typically performed in a manufacturing environment around equipment. Temperatures in the plant can range a great deal from season to season. The incumbent will work with oil, grease, ink, chemicals and machinery. Incumbents will also be exposed to noise levels that may require hearing protection. Safety shoes and eye protection are also required in the manufacturing and warehouse areas.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.