Job Status: Full-time
Work Schedule: Rotating 8/12hr Shift rotating swing shift (including weekends)
Positions Supervised: None
The primary purpose of this position is to troubleshoot, repair and maintain all electrical and mechanical equipment in a paper converting manufacturing facility to ensure production continuity and efficiency.
· Safely trouble shoot, repair, and maintain paper converting equipment, including rewinding and folding capabilities.
· Respond to operator, quality, and/or supervisor requests on equipment specifications.
· Knowledge in electronic components, PLC controls, AC/DC drives and motors, servo drives and motors, sensors.
· Comfortable in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
· Ability to look up components in electrical/mechanical manuals and submit into an order form.
· Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and document accordingly.
· Knowledge in Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
· Read and understand electrical and hydraulic/pneumatic schematics.
· Perform LOTO and Arc Flash.
· Basic knowledge and experience in operating a welder, torch, plasma cutter, mill, lathe, drill press, common power tools and hand tools.
· Able to use micrometers, indicators, Multimeters, and Megohmmeters.
· Perform grade changes; log saw blade changes, slitter changes, perf blade changes on equipment when needed.
· Safely use scissors lifts, high lifts, hoist, lift trucks, lifting straps, chain falls, etc.
· Able to perform general Building and Grounds tasks.
· Active in First Aid, CPR, First Responder and Safety Committee.
· Act as Lead during night-shift and weekend hours, when management is not present.
· Maintains a clean work area.
· Keeps tools clean, neat and orderly.
· May assist operators or crewmembers with machine start-up, shutdown or clean up.
· May assist with cleaning out trim systems, baler jams, etc.
· May order parts and/or pick up parts from suppliers.
· May travel between company buildings with personal transportation.
· Carry work cell phone during scheduled hours.
· Performs any other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Associates Degree or certification preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: 2 plus years of experience in related area
Computer Skills: Excellent data entry and computer skills are required. Proficient in Word and Excel and Computer Maintenance Systems.
Frequently required to use arms, legs, and hands in a range of motions. Frequently required to lift/carry or push/pull up to 12 pounds with or without assistance.
The work is typically performed in a manufacturing and an office environment. When in plant, incumbent will be around equipment designed to convert paper as well as in an office setting at times. Temperatures in the plant can range a great deal from season to season. The incumbent will be exposed to considerable paper dust. Incumbents will also be exposed to noise levels that may require hearing protection. Safety shoes and eye protection are also required in the manufacturing and warehouse areas.
Green Bay Converting does not accept phone calls regarding application status.
Green Bay Converting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Green Bay Converting participates in E-Verify.