Why work for Green Bay Converting, Inc.?
Successful, growing company - we just built and moved into a new, larger facility!
Upward mobility and potential for growth
Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Medical & Dental plans
- Healthcare & Dependent-care Flex-Spending Account programs
- Company-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Company-sponsored Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k with a company match (after 1-year of service)
Safe and clean facilities
Diverse workforce, and our people are our most valuable asset
The Maintenance Manager’s prime responsibility is to keep the plant running efficiently. The Maintenance Manager will manage a variety of personnel, skills and activity to ensure accurate and timely attention to our machines and equipment. This position ensures that the Company facilities are maintained to Company standards and that all work is completed in a safe, efficient and timely manner and in compliance with environmental requirements.
- Manage the Maintenance personnel to ensure that production machines and equipment are operating efficiently.
- Manage the daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance inspections; conduct safety and quality compliance inspections and maintain records of the production equipment.
- Purchase service of components used in the repair or preventative maintenance or equipment and facilities as necessary.
- Analyze equipment failures, determine cause(s) and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Recommend and implement new technologies and automation opportunities as needed.
- Ensure Company facilities, including buildings and grounds, are maintained to Company standards.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance of facility, as needed.
- Manage maintenance expenses to ensure the most efficient use of the maintenance budget.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Experience: At least 3 years of management experience in Maintenance strongly preferred. Experience in paper industry preferred.
Education: Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
Computer Skills: Possess basic computer skills – especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
Other Requirements: Practical work experience is required. Proven mechanical and electrical skills and knowledge.