Come join the GBC Family!
We are looking for a driven, customer-focused individual to fill our Help Desk Specialist position at our Hattiesburg, MS facility. Read on for more details of this exciting opportunity!
Why work for Green Bay Converting?
*We are a successful, growing company with a diverse workforce, great benefits and room to grow!
*Safe and clean facilities to work in, with great people to work with
*Competitive compensation & benefits:
- 7 major holidays off (& your birthday too)!
- Medical & Dental plans
- Healthcare & Dependent-care Flex-Spending Account programs
- Company-sponsored Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- Company-sponsored Short-term & Long-term Disability insurance
- 401k with an improved company match
The IT Help Desk Specialist serves as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance. This position will provide day to day local/remote desktop support, receive inbound calls, answer questions, troubleshoot and document steps performed to resolve challenges with basic computer, access, and/or performance issues.
- Respond to phone and/or email requests for support to resolve basic computer, system, device, access, and/or performance issues.
- Fulfill service standards by providing timely and quality service to customers.
- Provide technical support to users by identifying & troubleshooting problems, researching answers, and maintaining workstation performance.
- Walk users through the problem-solving process and advise them of any preventative and/or corrective steps to be taken.
- Set up user profiles and access to systems, and reset passwords as necessary.
- Escalate issues to the IT Manager when necessary.
- Record events and problems, as well as their resolution in IT logs
- Identify and recommend possible improvements to system performance and/or procedures.
- Create and/or update instructional and reference documentation.
- Participate in development of training programs.
- Act as back-up to IT Manager, when needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Applied Learning - Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- SQF/Quality Awareness - Ability to follow basic manufacturing requirements that are advised in the GBC Food Safety Policy.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Education: Associate degree in IT preferred, Bachelor degree a plus
- Computer Skills: Possess at least 5 years of computer related experience.
- Systems/Programs: Experience in Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics, Active Directory, VMWare, and/or Ringcentral Phone System a plus
- Other Requirements: 1+ years of practical work experience preferred.
Green Bay Converting does not accept phone calls regarding application status.
Green Bay Converting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.